RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration of participating in the sport of soccer, and for other good valuable consideration, I hereby agree to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence Kick It Right, LLC and its owners, directors, officers, agents, volunteers, participants, and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and state, and also agree as follows:
- I acknowledge that the sport of soccer involves known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death, and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to, broken bones, torn ligaments, bruises, and other bodily injuries caused by contact with soccer balls, other participants, structures like goals, or spectators or other obstacles on he sidelines, or caused by uneven ground; medical conditions resulting from physical activity; and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential quality of the activity.
- I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the Releasees. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe that the event conditions are unsafe or that I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which re in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releasees or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assure and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so solely in the state where Releasees’ facility is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
- I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effort.
Permission for Photography/Video
I grant the absolute and irrevocable right and unrestricted permission concerning any photographs that will be taken or may take of me or my children in which I or they may be included with others, to use, reuse, publish, and republish the photographs in whole or in part, individually or in connection with other material, in any and all media now or hereafter known, including the internet, and for any purpose whatsoever, specifically including illustration, promotion, art, editorial, advertising, and trade, without restriction as to alteration. I release and discharge Kick It Right, LLC and Kick It Social from any and all claims and demands that may arise out of or in connection with the use of the photographs, including without limitation any and all claims for libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy. This authorization and release shall also inure to the benefit of the heirs, legal representatives, licensees, and assigns of Kick It Right, LLC and Kick It Social, as well as the person(s) for whom he/she took the photographs. I am a legally competent adult and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read this document and fully understand its contents. This release shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives, and assigns.
COVID-19 Guidelines & Understanding:
- KIS staff will control the temperature of all athletes upon their arrival & prior to each game with touchless thermometer.
- All athletes should use face mask while on the sidelines. If they do not have a face mask, they will be asked to leave the field area. Staff will have face masks to distribute but only on a limited supply.
- KIS will set-up hand sanitizer stations for athlete and staff use.
- To make lines at sanitizing stations safe, KIS will set markers of 6ft apart.
- All soccer balls will be disinfected prior to each game and during half time.
- KIS staff who are on the sidelines will always wear face mask and disposable gloves.
- Game Officials will wear face masks and gloves at half times and in between games.
- Teams will have to provide their own jerseys.
- All teams will be asked to bring a light and a dark colored jersey.
- The online game schedule will indicate to the teams their respective color for each game.
- KIS will designate TEAM ZONES to each team to meet prior and after their respective game. These designated zones will be marked with numbers 1 through 4 and will be posted in the online schedule.
- A map of the field showing where each TEAM ZONE is located will be provided in our web site and will be emailed to each team captain weekly.
- No spectators will be allowed around the field until the State of IL enters the appropriate opening phase.
- The league will NOT provide bibs until further notice.
- The league will NOT have a common area for all athletes to congregate
- All athletes MUST arrive at least 20 minutes prior to their scheduled game time and clear the field immediately upon the officials end the match.
- Please, monitor the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) web site (cdc.gov) for other important information about how corona virus spreads, its symptoms, FAQ, and everyday preventive actions to help preclude the spread of COVID-19.
By deciding to participate, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By participating you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19 and agree not to hold Kick It Social & Kick It Right, LLC, and all agents and contractors liable for any illness or injury.
I have had sufficient time to read the entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to signing. Also, I understand that this activity might not be made available to me or that the cost to engage in this activity would be significantly greater if I were to choose not to sign the release, and agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain. I have read and understand this document and I agree to be bound by its terms.
By typing my name in this online internet web page, I agree that If I am hurt or my property is damaged during my participation in this activity, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence.